If the Radia Tapes were adapted for TV then 🙂 this is how I see various countries & cultures adapting it for main stream popular TV:
- The US – It will be a story of a woman’s ambition and her relentless climb to the top – that hides a back story of heartbreak and betrayal. Scripted by the likes of Sidney Sheldon (i know he is no more) – the film will possibly get someone like Glen Close to play play the heroine. It will be strong, kiss ass woman with a vulnerable heart story … And it will be out in the next 6 weeks.
- The UK – it will be a 5 part BBC (like) adaptation of Othello. Except that Othello & Iago will be brothers. It will be directed by the likes of Kenneth Brannah – and will be moody and atmospheric. Expect a lot of beautifully shot English Country Side with classical piano music …. The women, will be the Lady Macbeth variety or the Queen Elizabeth (I) variety or the Princess Diana types, in characteristic – lots of hushed whispers and behind the scenes maneuvering.
- In France – it will be a story of sex and revenge. Lots of Sex. and illegitimacy …..
- Italy – it would be the story of a mafia family warfare.
- In Saudi Arabia – it will be a religious discourse
- In China it will be a story of feudal system breakdown and the call of revolution – with lots of choreographed violence
- In Japan – it will be violent manga set around the construction industry
- In Spain it will be story of honest Income Tax officials who bring down a cross ‘denominational’ cartel
- In Pakistan it would be comedy
- In Mexico, it will be a telenovella about a girl who swears revenge at her father’s death at the hands of a strong man ….
In India, aah that is the problem. In India it is news …..